How often do you have the chance to create a superhero? Well, this is it! Help us to Gear Up the Gay Comic Geek!
Your job is to design your vision of a unique costume for the Gay Comic Geek in whatever format you work best in!
Use Photoshop on the computer, print the entry out and use pencil, ink and markers, blow it up on a canvas and paint in oil colors, or sew, knit and stitch together felt, leather and feathers!
The only catch is you have to use the Official Contest Images as the basis for your costume and submit it electronically.
It’s not just about getting the right color of spandex! There is so much more for you to be creative with. It’s about developing the alter ego and all the possibilities that come with it!
Think of the costume emblem, the utility belt, the cape, the rocket launcher, the mask, the boots, the Geekmobile, the sidekick, the trained pet and all the accessories we never thought of that would go with the action figure!
There are two contest categories you can enter: “Naughty” and “Nice.” Plus, we have some wicked prizes up for grabs! But that’s not all! The winning “Naughty” entry will be illustrated by Patrick Fillion, and the winning “Nice” entry will be worn by the Gay Comic Geek in a future Fanboys of the Universe photo shoot!
Submit your entry by August 15 to [email protected]
The Naughty Prize: A print of the winning costume design as rendered by Patrick Fillion and autographed by both the Gay Comic Geek and Patrick Fillion. PLUS, a BIG LOAD from Class Comics which contains all 43 of their current titles!
The Nice Prize: The winning “Nice” costume will be created, then the Gay Comic Geek will wear it in a future Fanboys of the Universe photo shoot. PLUS, a Gay Comic Geek Super Bundle of awesome rare collectibles.
The Second Chance Prizes: Each person who submits a qualifying entry will also be entered into a random drawing for one of the following prizes: One Greatest Hits Pack from Class Comics; a Gay Comic Geek Mini Bundle of Fun; one of five autographed copies of the trade paperback Boytoon Adventures; or one of five multi-packs consisting of a dozen Class Access Digital Comics!
1. Costume entry must incorporate the original contest illustration by Patrick Fillion.
2. There are two categories, Naughty and Nice, with separate prizes based on the image used.
3. Entries may be submitted to Naughty or Nice, or both categories, if a variant is created. All entries will be entered into a Second Chance drawing.
4. Costumes may be hand drawn, computer generated or physically crafted from real-world material as long as they incorporate the official contest entry image.
5. Contest entries must be sent to [email protected] by August 15, 2010 to be eligible.
6. Submissions will be reviewed independently within each category by a panel of YouTube judges, as well as representatives of Class Comics, the Gay Comic Geek and Fanboys of the Universe.
7. All decisions are final and not subject to review.
8. The winner will be announced by the Gay Comic Geek in a special webcast around August 25, 2010.
9. We reserve the right to decline or remove any entry at any time.
10. By sending in your entry, you warrant that you are 18 years of age or older as of June 10, 2010 and have read “The Fine Print” of the contest details.
THE FINE PRINT:
By submitting your entries(s) to the Contest Hosts, you agree that such images(s) and the accompanying information will become the shared property of the Contest Hosts, and you grant the Contest Hosts royalty-free permission to publicly display, reproduce and use the images in any form for any and all purposes.
You also warrant that the image(s) is(are) your original work, created by your own self, and does not violate the copyright of any other person or property right of any third party. Your submission also allows the Contest Hosts to edit, crop or adjust the colors of the image(s) on an as-needed basis.
The Contest Hosts are not responsible for any lost or miss-delivered contest entries. The Contest Hosts reserve the right to decline or remove any entry at any time at their discretion. The Contest Hosts reserve the right to alter or replace the prize packages and offers, if necessary.
By sending in your entry, you warrant that you are 18 years of age and older as of June 10, 2010.
Contest Entries must be sent to [email protected] by August 15, 2010 to be eligible.